Thursday, December 20, 2007

Art/Shop

These are the new prints I did on Calico bags. I have used screenprinting ink to monoprint the design on. I never tried it before because I assumed the ink would be the wrong consistency. Although it dries out a lot quicker it works. This is the first one I did and I used red screenprinting ink to colour in the jumper then black thread to add more line detail. I made them to use as a bag for grocery shopping and I like the idea of having fine artwork on them. My plan is to do lino cuts, some applique and also normal screenprinting on the designs. I have a one hour bus trip today and I'm going to take my sketchbook and sit and draw.


The Fine Art Of Shopping



2 comments:

Penny said...

I really like this bag!

Sandy Mastroni said...

LOVE this bag !!!!!