Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tricky




This is a print I created recently using a photograph of Melbourne. I took the photograph outside Kids In Berlin on Victoria Street in North Melbourne. I had been planning on using the images for a screenprint, but because it was very intricate I thought I would burn it onto a screen. However I got impatient and decided to try cutting it out. Although I didn't get the super fine detail I wanted, it still ended up looking good. I decided to go for the blue/orange colour combo which is very bright. I am going to turn them into dual fabric wallets so the cityscape view will be changed a little, but I figure I can always make more. I would like to see them on the bottom of a bag or on a t-shirt also.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I agree. It would look good on a t-shirt. Are you going to do some..?

jodie said...

LOVE the colour combo! They look ace.

Anonymous said...

I think the print and the colour combo looks great!

Have you tried the photo emulsion before? I realyl want to but I don't think I have the room to set it up etc. :(

Shell said...

Wow, that looks really cool. THe colour combination is fantastic.