Sunday, September 09, 2007

Doily Girls

After a busy weekend in the city I'm back at home, missing a shoe which is most probably lying lonely in a Richmond street after falling out of my bag. They were not suitable winter shoes, but I wore them all winter, and now it was coming into spring they were perfect. However I now have a reason to get new shoes.

I purchased some paper lacy doilies with the aim of working them into some collages. I used some as a stencil for screenprinting onto fabric then did some pen and ink drawings. I thought the paper would not work well with the ink because it is thin, but it works perfectly due to a tiny bit of wax or something like that in the paper. I plan on stitching the doily onto A4 paper because the subtle white on white with the lace and paper creates a lovely shadow. Click on the images to see the full size in flickr.






No comments: