Sunday, May 20, 2007

Above And Below

I got a new sewing machine this weekend and it is all rather exciting. I did lots of sewing to test it all out and so far so good. I made some wallets, costumes for the school production and this artwork below. I specifically asked the lady in the shop if it was a problem to sew on paper and she said it would be fine. I will be listing the wallets during the week. I have bright purple, two even brighter retro/denim wallets and a brown one with the blue screen print from the last few posts in large and mini sizes.

Artwork available on Etsy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the only thing with sewing on paper is that it will blunt your needles quicker than fabric, so maybe keep some separate for when you're using the paper. (But you probably already knew that...)

pinkmilk said...

I like this piece, great sjapes and colours :)

pinkmilk said...

sorry, meant 'shapes', rather than 'sjapes'...

Anonymous said...

love the use of elements here. nice work. :)