Saturday, July 08, 2006

Messy vs. Clean


Today I did something I should have done a long time ago. I cleaned up my studio. It was very messy and unorganised. My boyfriend told me that he gave me a week before it would be messy again and I told him it would only be superficial mess as I had created a neat foundation by finding a place for everything. I even sorted out my buttons into colours and all my zips have a little drawer. I moved some stuff around so there is more room and I'm pleased with the results. I have made two things in the last few days. Last night I made this:


I was thinking of putting it on Etsy, but I am not so sure anymore. I might wait and see. Treby was a thing I made up when I was a teenager and I used to draw him a fair bit. He was Treby The Terrapin. I am a big fan of primary colours or bold colours together.

I also did this screen print:
A waiter at an Afghan Restaurant inspired me to use the word ladyboss. He continually referred to my mother as the Ladyboss. I was worried that the face would not work out because the detail was very very fine. Millimetres thick, but it was fine. The first one I did, bled a tiny bit, but it wasn't too bad. Overall I was happy with the result.

No comments: