Friday, October 03, 2008

It always goes back to primary






So my post a few days ago showed part of my new range of coin purses and a week or so later and everything has changed. The yellow took over and invited blue along for the ride. I'm not sure if other people love red, yellow and blue together as much as I do, maybe I'm one of the only ones. I just looked through my Year 12 Graphic Communication sketchbook and a lot of the stuff in there was all primary colours as well, so it has been around for a decade at least.

I'm at Rose Street tomorrow and I'm hoping it doesn't rain. Although living in Melbourne you come to expect weird weather like hot mornings, washing your sheets at lunchtime, expecting them to be dry in a few hours time, then having to pull them off the line because it starts pishing down. But as that happened today, I am hoping for better luck tomorrow. Oh and thanks to Hokey for the I love your blog award and I'll see you bright and early tomorrow at Rose Street. I have so many people, including Hokey's blog, that I love reading, so I should get round to posting them all.

7 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

My husband (an art teacher) says you can never go wrong with primaries. It's so true. These look great and snappy.

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Aw these are so cute! The three bold colors just fit them.

Bridget Farmer said...

hi anna, have fun at rose street, i'm missing it. but i have had a lovely time in the west of ireland, i've put some photos up to show off my lovely country!
love your work as always, i've had lots of comments on your bag I use for my felts!
see you soon.bridget

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love primary colours all together. It appeals to my inner 3 year old.

Lina said...

Very beautiful!

Amy Prior said...

I like these colours too quite refreshing and a beaut design

Paleo Recipes said...

Interessting read