Thursday, May 08, 2008

Drawing at the Museum

I had a little field trip today and joined Bridget at the Melbourne Museum for some bird drawing. As I was leaving Rose Street on Saturday Bridget mentioned how she had requested some birds on stands from the collection to draw and asked if I would like to come. Birds that are not in books but don't move? What could be better*?

We spend a few solid hours drawing and next time I am thinking of bringing some inks and a larger variety of paper. We had our own little table and I found a box of coloured pencils on the next one which came in very handy. This is one of the drawings I did of the Red Wattlebird and I've put some more up on Flickr. Bridget has also blogged about it (I stole her title) and her drawing is of the Chough.











Oh and if you want to read an interview where Jodie from Meringue and I talk shop, Indie Art and Design have one up right now. They also have 12 limited edition badges and wristlets available from the new Indie Store. Carolyn will be interviewing designers and selling limited edition items through the new store. It is great to see this kind of support for Australian Designers and I feel really honoured to be involved with such a fantastic blog.




*We actually decided that drawing from life is better than drawing from dead because there is something else in the drawing that you seem to capture, but at the time it sounded like the perfect drawing situation.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your interview over at indie.com is very funny.
My neighbour is the producer for mornings with KAC, some stories to tell.........

Bridget Farmer said...

hi there an interviewna, great

sorry, i meant to say, hi there anna, great interview. I have both my laptop and next door's cat on my knee. not an easy combination!

Danielle said...

Fantastic interview! I really enjoyed reading it...
Looks like a great blog, I'll have to remember to check back there in future.

Em said...

I have started practising left handed drawing.... I have mentioned you and Bridget on my blog today..... I wish there was a bunch of artist's who would be willing to start an online site similar to Illustration Friday hear in Oz...... Interested?

Kirsty said...

Great interview & a great initiative. Congratulations.