Monday, May 26, 2008

Cherry Blossom Tote





I made up some bags using my new fabric last week to take to Rose Street. The denim and cherry blossom print work really well together and I plan on making some little wallets with the same combination. I plan on printing some more fabric this week with another design using the bird cutouts from this print. I made up a print already using the birds with a large drop shape and I think it will work on a larger scale with some repeats.

I have some pale blue fabric I want to use but I don't know if I will use white or black ink. Black seems to work when when doing larger runs as the white is thicker, but the white on pale blue looks lovely.

12 comments:

Emmarose said...

oooh oooh go with the white! It would make it look all Wedgewoody, y'know like that beautiful china? I have made some little magnets in that colour scheme, I should post them on flickr so you can have a peep.

Cicada Studio said...

Beautiful! Truly.

Shiny Black Shoes said...

It looks wonderful! So lovely.

Angela said...

Love the print with the denim! So pretty.

Victoria said...

This is beautiful, I love the clean lines and the colors!

Suki said...

definately white!!! Blue and white are perfect match!

La Alicia said...

lovely bag!

CurlyPops said...

Ooooh it looks great with the denim! I received my fabric package in the mail yesterday...thanks so much! I just don't know how I'm going to be able to cut into it though!

Sew Bettie said...

Gorgeous! I love handprinted fabric, more than just about anything.

virginie said...

lovely bag, great print!!!!

Bunny B said...

What a gorgeous bag! I love it!!

faz said...

That is the *sexiest* tote i've ever seen!