Thursday, March 06, 2008

Remember Men?





This is an artwork I created this afternoon from one of the prints I did yesterday of the mans face. I worked over it with pencil, then acrylic paint. Although I like the prints, I feel they need more work and I'm happy with this one turned out.

I went to Borders today to spend a $20 voucher I got from WOMOW, a website I joined recently and some birthday money that came in the mail from Joey and Pa. I took ages to decide what to get and in the end got a sketchbook, a copy of Dumbo Feather and a BBQ cookbook. I nearly missed my bus home as I was so pathetic at working out what to get. I was disappointed in the lack of books on textile design as I would have loved something like that.

I'm looking forward to watching the Project Runway finale. I'm not going to mention anything about it as it might not have aired in Australia and I love watching it not knowing the results. I have just started watching the UK version of the show, Project Catwalk, and the difference between the two is remarkable. I think if any of the outfits on the UK version were on the US version, Nina Garcia would just spit out "unacceptable" and walk off in disgust. I was expecting big things, Project Runway Canada was fantastic and lived up to the US standards, but this has nothing on either shows. The designers skill level seems a lot lower and the production doesn't razzle dazzle. Even Julian McDonald's bitchy comments seem of a low standard. Sure he is bitchy, but it isn't smart or sharp, just predictable and rude. I'm only 4 episodes in and I'm hoping for improvements. I just hope the Australian Project Runway does a better job.

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Isn't Project Runway fabulous? HAPPY BIRITHDAY!!! I hope your day is gorgeous. Yes, lovely to see you on Wednesday & I'll look forward to Brown Owls.

renee anne said...

oh my that is so sweet of you!! :D comments would be wonderful hehe.

also.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

also.

love the man above. I love how you integrate your medias! such a talent! xx

CurlyPops said...

Where did you find the UK and Canadian versions of Project Runway? I can't wait until the Aussie version starts. And Happy Birthday to you!