Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Brown Owls

Last night I went to my first Brown Owls meeting. It was great fun and I was lucky and got to sit next to Pei Pei and Jhoanna. This is the little owl I started stitching . I have not finished him yet and will need to get some more floss as I am flossless. I did have some from when Gareth and I went cross stitch crazy (We did one cross stitch each for his Mum and had a race to see who would finish first) but I think I chucked it out when we moved.









Today I'm off to visit Bridget to do some drawings at the Collingwood Childrens Farm so hopefully I will have some new drawings to post tonight.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooh! I'm jealous! I am sorely tempted to join the Faraway Brown Owl group - so at least I can do some Brown owl-ing remotely!

That owl is really very cute. Nice work!

Sammy said...

haha yes i spose thats right. I always hand things in on time so for me it's most annoying when teachers say they are going to mark down for lateness but it never seems to happen. So if its due on Friday they get the whole weekend to make it better and dont lose any marks :(
well anyway theres my rant for the night :)
By the way i love your owly!

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to meet you and get to know you at Brown Owls! Thanks so much for the tips on screen printing and I look forward to seeing what your stitched owl will become. Looks like you had a great time at the children's farm!

Hey Harriet said...

That's an adorable looking little owl :)

I wish I lived in Melbourne so I could join the Brown Owls. Melbourne has all the fun stuff!

Dudley Redhead said...

Hi! thanks for posting about the Brown Owls and your gorgeous embroidery (i'm going to get out my hoop, now!) I signed up for Faraway - its such a great idea.. I couldn't find who started it?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I had a look at the brown owls website a while ago... and I really want to join. I think I might do that soon. Sounds like you had heaps of fun and that owl is super cute!