I printed up a lot of fabric today and created two new designs. They are both really simple floral circle designs.
I have some really lovely purple fabric I got a while back but I've been a little afraid to use it as it is quite dark. Today I thought about mixing some purple ink and printing a light purple on it. As soon as I started mixing it I got worried it would not make a nice purple because I'm used to mixing school paint and the red and blue always made a horrid purple. I think it is due to yellow ink in the red paint making it a yuck brown mess rather than a perfect purple. The inks did okay though and I ended up with a purple I was happy with.
The printing process with this ink wasn't so great. I designed the print so it would be perfect for my wallets, but some bled a little. I can still use other areas of the prints, but it is a shame as I wont get as many of the wallets. But I liked the idea of the design and how it will work on the wallets so I will use the concept again. They look a little 70s I think.
Due to the white ink in the mix and the amount of prints I did with it, the stencil stuck to the screen and was ruined. This sometimes happens when I do a lot of printing and it is not fun peeling it off because it gets stuck under my nails and the sink clogs up with paper. I hate taking anything out of a sink when it is wet, even if it is just paper.
So now I am really tired and need to go to bed. I have a lot of sewing tomorrow because of all the printing I did!