Sunday, January 06, 2008

Dismissal Kings

I created a small series of artworks today using my monoprinting equipment. I have not used it in a few months and I planned on making some small drawings to send out with orders. I ended up printing onto old book pages using the same image. This was one of the reverse prints so it really only had a slight impression of the drawing I did in the previous print. I worked over it with black fineliner quite a bit and then added a small amount of primary coloured detail with blue ink as the background and red and yellow fineliner detail in the collars.

I think this was my favourite out of the four because I like the way the mans head turned out with the line work as it reminds me a little of Egon Schiele. The artwork is available in my Etsy shop and the rest of the series will be up in the next few days.



Available On Etsy






Available on Madeit


I've been leaving my Madeit store a little lonely lately, but that is all going to change. If you have not been to Madeit yet, I suggest you do. Australians know how to make fantastic things and it is all in one place. I'm always finding new people on there every time I visit and the range of product is growing by the day!

1 comment:

Hey Harriet said...

I like that print. I'll be checking back to see the rest of the series :)