Monday, July 23, 2007

Tag

Inspired by our Melbourne Meet I thought I would showcase the work of a few people from Melbourne selling on Etsy. deboradestefanis.etsy.com has only just opened her Etsy shop and it includes a selection of hand cut timeless sterling silver pieces, as well as a unisex embossed leather range of cufflinks and necklaces.


deboradestefanis.etsy.com


Debora has a Bachelor of Arts-Craft(Hons) and Master of Fine Arts in the metals and jewellery department at Monash University,Melbourne and she has involved in group and solo exhibitions, and also received a grant from the Australia Council to study at a contemporary jewellery school in Florence, Italy. I think her stuff is stunning and was very proud when I saw she was from Melbourne.


deboradestefanis.etsy.com






I have recently been flagged by Stacey, Steph and Ali J
I thought I would do something different and do a phototag and get some old photographs to write about as it helps me actually think of something, and I would love to see more photos of people when they were little. I was also inspired by Mikes post, Flashback Fridays

Keep scrolling, I don't know why the gap is here.....





























This is me on my first day of school. I started with two other students and I think the school had a total of about 22 students.
This is on my 17th Birthday. We were at Pizza Hut, not for my birthday, but for dinner on the way to Geelong for a rowing regatta. Glam times.

This is at the Australian National Rowing Championships. I had a necklace I always wore, which was a ribbon with a bell on it. I thought I lost it right before our final, but found it in my hair when when got on the water.
In 1998 I went to Belgium as an AFS exchange student. This is inside the Atomium, Belgium's answer to the Eiffel Tower. It wasn't a very popular tourist attraction, but I thought it was lots of fun traveling between the circles on massive escalators, which is where this photo was taken.
This is me at Falls '99. We almost didn't go due to the change of venue because of rain. Mum wasn't impressed with the short notice they gave and didn't think we should go, however Dad drove us to the train station anyway.
This photo is from the 3rd year exhibition opening. I think I got stood up that night, although the person I asked to go with me was very drunk at the time.

This is at my boyfriends sisters wedding, which also happened to be my 23rd Birthday. It was a surprise wedding and was in Scotland.

3 comments:

spices for violet said...

Yes, Melbourne Girls College teaching rounds in 2004! Oh my god what a small world!!

Betty Jo said...

Thanks for the comment.
We are stable mates at a few stockists around town! I think your lady badges are divine.

My Charlie Girl said...

wow, that was cool to read about you :) I missed going to the Melbourne meetup, :( i would have loved to. Hopefully there will be another one in the future :) xxxxx bec