Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Take your medicine

This is a drawing I created using my new laptop tablet's Ink Art program. It lets you create artworks with oil paint, pastel, pencil, markers and crayons. The oil paint brush goes to dry and unless you dip it into the water glass, it will leave whatever colour you were last using on another colour in the same way oil paint does. I like the oil paint and markers the best, and combining all of them together. In my drawing below, the skin is oil paint, and the coat is a pink marker. It would be nice if you could control the brush/marker shape, but it is quite basic and only allows you one option, which is square. I think you can also import images and then go over them. I have not tried that one yet.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Wow, that's kinda neat! I like the marker effect - just like real markers, where you get darker patches in the overlap. I can't draw on the computer to save myself, so I'm impressed with your mad skills! :)