Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pigeon Polka Dot



Here is another of the new screenprinted artworks available on Etsy. Although I've been screenprinting quite a bit over the last 3 years I don't usually screenprint onto patterned fabric. Plain cotton or linen cotton blends in pretty colours is more my cup of tea. I always looked at printing onto anything other than plain fabric as something that would detract from the print. And when you're cutting those stencils out yourself you really want the print to stand out.

I think I was maybe a bit closed minded because I did some prints onto some different patterns and was rather pleased with the results, particularly with the white prints. This one above is on a lovely bright blue polka dot cotton with a pigeon from the
drawings at Melbourne Museum I did with Bridget last year. I think I'm going to enjoy creating these new screenprinted artworks and seeing how much I can experiment with the medium.

1 comment:

Sherrin said...

Your print looks great on that fabric. The soft blue and the spots work really well with the image. I look forward to seeing more of your experimenting. :o)