Friday, March 06, 2009

Brett






When I was in high school I had a slight obsession with Brett Whiteley. In Year 11 and 12 I had his ultramarine blue book out on loan for the whole two years during my VCE. My Mum ended up buying me a copy, I think out of embarrassment as she worked at the school and was worried the librarians might growl at her. Mum and I went down to the big exhibition he had in 1996 or 1997 at the NGV with Turner on at the same time. I spent the whole 3 hour train trip looking at the book, excited to see them for real. I pulled the book out today and did this drawing from one of his still life's from the 70s. I'm a sucker for linework and he is the king of the line. I'm wondering if I should make a little range of cards for Able and Game with some still life drawings like the one above?

No comments: