Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Slackorama



I've been really slack with my studio and it has taken a full year to get it into a place that I'm happy to work in. I've also just managed to get some stuff up on the walls. At the back is a messy inspiration board on a large canvas my sister gave me a few years back. The other is a painting by a guy I went to uni with. Each year we had an Arts Auction and in my final year I was in charge of writing down all the sale details. I sat with a 4 litre cask of Fruity Lexia and went a little crazy bidding on things to try and get the price up to raise more money. A few times I got caught out and ended up winning about 4 artworks. This is my favourite, although it has scared a few housemates in the past who said they "didn't want it hanging in the lounge room".

I've put a few more Able and Game cards up over on the Etsy shop, if you're an Amazing Race fan, or just creepy, then you're in luck!

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

Yeah i've got some art works like that...just bid on them on ebay cause they were like five dollars and next thing they're livin at my house...and sometimes scaring people...

Bec @ honi design said...

hehe fruity lexia. I haven't seen or heard of that for years!

Jo (ruby-jo) said...

I remember fruity lexia well, but that was a very long time ago for me. PS: I have tagged you for a game on my blog.

Stacey said...

Fruity lexia and auctions are a bad, bad combination!