Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Brooch Stitch




I made up some fabric brooches to take to Rose Street a few weeks back as a way of using up small bits of fabric and to try something a little different. I wasn't sure about how I felt about them at first. I loved the different fabrics and the stitching, but wasn't sure if they were a bit too messy or big, so I only made six to begin with. They have been quite popular at Rose Street so I've made some more in different colours, including some green and yellow. Martine from Green Olive said they reminded her of the accessories from some of my artworks, and I think I've said in the past that I wish I could get something like the things I've sewed onto paper. I will be listing them on my online shops over the next few days as well as having them available at Rose Street each Saturday.



5 comments:

Kate Moore said...

Looks good on screen. How big are they? The colours and texture look like they'd be great for Melbourne's big winter jackets and scarves.

My Charlie Girl said...

i like them! and im keen to see how they develop :) xxx

Kyriake said...

I love them! I like the mixed-media textile look that is big at the moment. Plus, tulle is awesome!

Anonymous said...

love the colour and the mixed fabrics. I can see the link to your artwork

littlebird said...

Theses are really lovely!
and i like the 2 purses in both the previous and the next post!