Thursday, June 05, 2008

Turning Birds





I've been playing around with some of my bird drawings from the museum trying to work out how I can use them for other things. I was planning on using some for screenprints, both handdrawn and handcut ones and some computer aided designs.

These are some of the ones I worked with on the computer, both in Photoshop and Illustrator, just to see how they would look in a repeat. The two designs are too close together and if I was to create the pattern for real I think I would like them spread out a little more with some variation in size and other elements to break it up. I've still got my training wheels on when it comes to creating a design repeat, but I'm enjoying the design challenge. I think I prefer the one below more, there is something about the bushy roughness that I really like.








..................................................................................................
..................................................................................................
..................................................................................................

A quick reminder that the blog competition giveaway is still on until Sunday so if you have not entered then you still have time.

3 comments:

Sherrin said...

At first I really liked the top one, then I scrolled down and saw the second one, and I think I agree with you. It's great. I'd love to see you print this one up! :o)

Anonymous said...

You have some nice things on this blog. I noticed you recognized sodaplay. you can view my sodaplay creations over at http://sodadome.com if you want. :)

Penny said...

I like them! I would maybe try reversing every second line too, so they're facing the other way.