Monday, December 31, 2007

Improvements

I was looking through some of my old badges the other day. I have a small box where my badges go to die. Ones that had issues with the thread or they just didn't cut the mustard. When I first started I had not stitched in a while so making the badges was a lot more hit and miss. I found it hard to do the eyes because I couldn't get them to look the same on both sides where as now I can just stitch them up quickly and they match up.


I have been making the ladies for 1.5 years now, which seems like quite a while. The time has gone a lot faster and I don't feel like it has been that long. It is good to look at my current work compared to older stuff and see a real improvement. It is also good that they are no longer hit and miss and have a consistent look to them. Putting the old and new ones together is quite funny because there is such a huge contrast between them, although the two here were the worst of what I was doing back in 2006. I'm surprised I let them out of the house and that I even thought they were okay because now they just look munted, even when they don't have the current ones next to them!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now, which are the old ones and which are the new ones? Only joking! I think we all have a place where our stuff goes to die! Happy New Year.

thankyouenjoy said...

looks like she had a nice trip to the salon.
have a happy new year.