Saturday, December 16, 2006

Red Hot Love

I made this little beauty today. One is available on Etsy and the other five will be taken to Kids In Berlin on Monday or Tuesday. I've had the idea of doing a white screen print onto red fabric for a while now.

When I did the design I wasn't sure if I liked it, but I decided to just try it and not get too worried about it. I'm glad I did because I really like the outcome. I was much more disciplined in my screen printing, because too many times I have been stung by not aligning my screen and getting prints which are off the fabric.

This time it went great and I ended up with 12 perfect prints. I have a feeling I could do anything and it would end up looking okay because the two colours work so well together.



It's all Christmas like

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hi Anna,

your textile designs are getting better and better. The white against red is amazing!

It would be good to see that print used in a different product like a bag for a computer or Ipod. Women would love them.

Keep it up!

Shell said...

It looks fabulous! I love the white on red combination. :)